21.5.12

Book Review: Under The Never Sky by Veronica Rossi

Published February 7th, 2012 by Atom
376 pages (Hardcover)

WORLDS KEPT THEM APART.
DESTINY BROUGHT THEM TOGETHER. 
Aria has lived her whole life in the protected dome of Reverie. Her entire world confined to its spaces, she's never thought to dream of what lies beyond its doors. So when her mother goes missing, Aria knows her chances of surviving in the outer wasteland long enough to find her are slim. 
Then Aria meets an outsider named Perry. He's searching for someone too. He's also wild - a savage - but might be her best hope at staying alive. 
If they can survive, they are each other's best hope for finding answers. (From GoodReads)


Let me start by saying that this book definitely lived up to all the hype.  Like seriously.

It started out a bit complicated and difficult for me to grasp, but once it got going, I don't think I put it down!

I loved Perry from the second he was introduced as wearing leather pants and no shirt.  It's like Veronica Rossi knew exactly what I like in men.  Aria grew on me through the novel.  I really wanted to like her, but it took me a while to get there.  Attachment to the characters is really important to me.  I enjoyed how the chapters flipped between our two main characters.  It's great to see the perspective from both sides, especially when they come form such different backgrounds and lifestyles.  It helps the reading understand the world so much better!

In the end, whether you like dystopian novels or not, you gotta read this book.

Much love, Samantha

1 comment:

  1. I loved, loved, LOVED this book! The first half was okay, but then I got totally sucked in and can't hype it up enough. And Perry, oh Perry... I loved him from the first second. I can't wait for book 2! Thanks for stopping by my blog! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! I absolutely love reading them and responding!