12.2.13

Top Ten Tuesday: Romances


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by the wonderful ladies over at

This week, the topic is...
Top Ten Favourite Romances

Aww, Valentine's Day is coming up.  Clearly I will spend it by myself, likely sleeping in preparation for a busy Friday of hospital time and driving home.  But for those of you with plans, I hope you get spoiled rotten by the one's you love.  To build up to this, here are some of my favourite bookish couple, old and new!
***Warning, some of these are spoiler-y.  Proceed with caution***

Rose + Dimitri
(Vampire Academy - Richelle Mead)
Bet you saw that one coming...

Isabelle + Simon
(The Mortal Instruments - Cassandra Clare)
Guys!  Have you seen the new stills?!

Elisa + Hector
(Fire and Thorns - Rae Carson)
This is a new one for me, but I knew these two were meant for each other from the start of Girl of Fire and Thorns, and can't wait for book three!

Kat + Daemon
(Lux - Jennifer L. Armentrout)
Obviously.  Did you read the ending of Opal?!

Alex + Aiden
(The Covenant - Jennifer L. Armentrout)
I've said it before, I'll say it again.  She is the QUEEN of sexual tension

Jo + Laurie
(Little Women - Louisa May Alcott)
I'm still angry about this one.  We will never be okay, Louisa...

Anna + Vronsky
(Anna Karenina - Leo Tolstoy)
That was a long book, and these two kept it going.

Saba + Jack
(Blood Red Road - Moira Young)
These two need to get on the same page, but I have hope for them.

Jem + Tessa + Will
(The Infernal Devices - Cassandra Clare)
Threesome Forever!  Problem solved.

Finn + Cate
(Born Wicked - Jessica Spotswood)
Again, these two need to get their shit together, but they're too perfect not to.

Much love, Samantha 

5 comments:

  1. YES, I read Opal and YES it killed me. Waiting for the next book is torture. I need to start JLA's other series to get me through, I think!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a lot of great romances on your list, plus a bunch that I still haven't read, so yay! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness. Ok so I haven't read all of those but the Little Women comment? I love you. You are an amazing person, and I am a fellow angry person about the lack of follow through on that romance.

    Deidra @ Simply Books.
    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really enjoyed your list and YES to Jo & Laurie! I threw the book against the wall when Laurie marries Amy (nooooo!). A few of the books mentioned, I haven't come across and checking them out.

    Jessica @ Literary, etc
    My list

    ReplyDelete
  5. The only one of these I've read is Little Women, and I'm definitely pro Laurie and Amy. So...I guess we're mortal enemies now?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! I absolutely love reading them and responding!