15.4.13

Book Review: The Secret of Ella and Micha by Jessica Sorensen

Published October 2nd, 2012
Forever
368 pages (eBook)
A rule-breaker with a fiery attitude, Ella always wore her heart on her sleeve. Then she left everything behind to go to college, where she transformed into someone who follows the rules, keeps everything together, and hides all her problems. Now it's summer break and she has nowhere else to go but home. But once there, Ella fears that everything she's worked so hard to bury might resurface-especially with Micha living right next door.Smart, sexy, and confident, Micha can get under Ella's skin like no one else. He knows everything about her, including her darkest secrets. If he tries to tempt the old Ella to return, he will be impossible to resist. But what Ella doesn't realize is that when she left, she took a piece of Micha's heart with her. Now he's determined to win back the girl he lost, no matter what it takes. (From Goodreads)
I really liked this book!  I didn't actually expect to enjoy the story as much as I did.

I think I liked it because it felt different than all of the New Adult that I've read.  The story starts at a different place in Ella and Micah's relationship, not your typical insta-love scenario.  Beyond that, the characters themselves were different.  They were edgier and less cookie-cutter.

There were a couple of issues with world-building.  The setting never quite came together for me in this very character-driven book.  This didn't drag the book down at all, but the descriptive factor needs some work.

I just really liked this story.  Ella and Micha were interesting, and their "secrets" drew me in from beginning to end.  I definitely recommend checking out this quick read.

Much love, Samantha 

2 comments:

  1. I still have yet to decide if I want to read this, but I may have to knowing that there isn't insta-love! I could use a break.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do have a prior relationship, having been friends for a long time, but it's not your typical "insta-love" story, in my opinion.

      Delete

Thank you for your comment! I absolutely love reading them and responding!