1.6.13

May Recap!

Goodbye May.  This is completely cliche, but the month just flew by!  Rather than my previous "Favourites" post, I'm trying something new.  Let me know what you think and here is a recap of my not-so-exciting May!


Eight Books Read in May (with one word reviews!)

The Darkest Minds by Alexandra Bracken (what!)
Icons by Margaret Stohl (meh!)
Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins (asdfghjkl;1!)
Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins (awesome!)
Shadow on the Sun by David Macinnis Gill (action!)
My Life Next Door by Huntley Fitzpatrick (Samantha!)
Fragments by Dan Wells (science-y!)
Second Chance Summer by Morgan Matson (emotions!)



Five Moments from May
--- I watch my old dance studio's annual recital.  I cried the whole way through, and can't believe that I haven't laced my fake pointe shoes for three years!
--- Managed to get the worst sunburn that I've ever had at work.  I can barely lift my arms.
--- Speaking of which, I've worked a lot, thanks to a coworker quitting.
--- I should mention that I work in a fry stand off the highway.  Hey, it's a paycheck in a small town where there aren't a lot of jobs to begin with.
--- I now remember why I hate online classes so much.  Turns out my easy class is a lot of work!


Four Instagrams
They're pretty boring this month.  Sorry, but this actually sums up my month well.





Three Songs on Repeat
It's Time- Imagine Dragons
Just Give Me A Reason- P!nk feat. Nate Ruess from FUN.
Rebel Beat- Goo Goo Dolls


Two Must Reads for June
Siege and Storm by Leigh Bardugo
Dare You To by Katie McGarry


One Recommended Read

Happy June everyone!

Much love, Samantha

2 comments:

  1. How about three word summaries? ALSO I jumped on the Anna bandwagon behind you and am so happy I did. I am in luuuvvvvvvv

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like that idea. I'll do that for June! And yay! I kind of love the Anna bandwagon and can't believe I didn't jump on it sooner!

      Delete

Thank you for your comment! I absolutely love reading them and responding!