2.7.13

Top Ten Tuesday: Intimidating Books

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by the wonderful ladies over at

This week, the topic is...
Top Ten Most Intimidating Books
All I Did This Week Was Cheat but It's Still On Topic...

Hello friends!  Once again, I have waited to the last minute to write this post, and rather than provide nothing, I have decided to mangle this post into something I could handle while sleep deprived and dealing with itchy eyes (thanks, hayfever).

As I was thinking about this topic, I thought of three things that make a book intimidating to me, and have added a few examples of each.

Size!  I like big books, but they definitely intimidate me!


Classics!  The writing style of older works throws me off.


Emotions!  Sometimes the content itself scares me.  This doesn't mean I won't read it, but it's intimidating.

Much love, Samantha

3 comments:

  1. GAME OF THRONES is definitely on my list of daunting books/series because of its sheer size. Talk about a huge commitment! I would love to read them, though. And I agree with you about books being intimidating because of the emotion factor. It took me forever to get around to reading THE FAULT IN OUR STARS, but I am so glad that I finally did. Yes, I cried, but it was such a good book.

    This was a cool Top 10 Tuesday topic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hehehe EMOTIONS. I agree, I tried to read to Melina Marchetta books in a row the other week and was like UGH my feelings are too tired after the first one to make it through - i need a break!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Game of Thrones and Lord of the Rings are on my list too because they are just so big! I agree on emotions too. I'm not prepared to feel all the things all the time.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! I absolutely love reading them and responding!