10.8.13

A to Z Survey

I love me a good survey.  I kind of used to be a survey fiend on Xanga, MySpace, and even Facebook.  I think I've done a couple on my Tumblr too!  There is something so fun about them, so when I saw that Jamie from The Perpetual Page-Turner had created an old-school survey, I had to jump on this bandwagon!

So without further ado...

Author You've Read the Most Books From:
J.R. Ward at 13 books (all of the Black Dagger Brotherhood books, plus one other)

Best Sequel Ever:
Unravel Me by Taherah Mafi was ah-mazing

Currently Reading:
Fire With Fire by Jenny Han & Siobhan Vivian

Drink of Choice While Reading:
Coffee (obviously) or a beer/vodka ice tea in the evening

E-reader or Physical Book:
I love my Kobo Arc, but nothing beats a physical book

Fictional Character You Probably Would Have Actually Dated in High School:
Ha, oh no.  I was pretty awkward in high school (still am...) so likely none.  I want to say someone like Tod from the Soul Screamers series by Rachel Vincent.

Glad You Gave This Book a Chance:
Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead

Hidden Gem Book:
Dark Triumph by Robin LaFevers

Important Moment in your Reading Life:
When I was in high school, we had 20 minutes of silent reading, everyday, at the start of second period.  One day, I had nothing to read and grabbed the first pretty cover I was in the library.  That book turned out to be Twilight, and got me back into reading!

Just Finished:
After Math by Denise Grover Swank

Kinds of Books You Won't Read:
I can't manga/anime/graphic novels.  I tried and can't get into them.  I also have a hard time with books that have strong religious meanings.  Religious undertones are fine, but I'm not into being put down for my beliefs.

Longest Book You've Read:
According to Goodreads, it's Fallout by Ellen Hopkins (665 pages), but I have read Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy (754 pages).

Major Book Hangover Because Of:
The back-to-back combination of Star Cursed by Jessica Spotswood and Dark Triumph by Robin LaFevers

Number of Bookcases You Own:
I only have 1, but I regularly raid my mom's 6 bookcases...

One Book You Have Read Multiple Times:
My copy of Shadow Kissed by Richelle Mead has been well-read

Preferred Place To Read:
In my bed :)

Quote that Inspires You/Gives You All The Feels From a Book You've Read:
"Whatever the color, the shape, the design of the shade that conceals it, the flame inside the lamp remains the same.  You are that flame."
 --Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare

Reading Regret:
Not reading (for pleasure) through my first year of university

Series You Started And Need To Finish (all the books are out in series):
The Jessica Darling series

Three of Your All-Time Favourite Books:
Shadow Kissed by Richelle Mead, Impulse by Ellen Hopkins, Confessions of a Monster Hunter by Josh Gates

Unapologetic Fangirl For:
Anything Jennifer L. Armentrout.

Very Excited For This Release More Than All Others:
The Bitter Kingdom by Rae Carson and City of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra Clare

Worst Bookish Habit:
I peek at endings.  I can't help myself.

X Marks The Spot (start at the top left of your shelf and pick the 27th book):
Obsidian by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Your Latest Book Purchuse:
I actually went to Chapters today and bought Insignia by S.J. Kincaid, Seven Deadly Sins Vol.1 by Robin Wasserman, and The Forsaken by Lisa M. Stasse.

Zzz-snatcher book (last book that kept you up WAY late):
My pharmacology textbook Dare You To by Katie McGarry

Guys, this was actually so much fun to do!  Give it a try, leave me a link, and be sure to go check out Jamie and thank her for this awesome-ness!

2 comments:

  1. Yay- we both picked Unravel Me for Best Sequel! That book was amazing. Twilight got me back into reading too; I'd put off reading it for the longest time, but I'm so glad I finally picked it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Samantha fantastic answers, loved it. Twilight was also a life changing for my book reading life too :)

    I absolutely loved Star Cursed but I'm yet to read Robin LaFever's series although I've got it already in my ebook reader.

    A-Z Survey

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! I absolutely love reading them and responding!