13.8.13

Top Ten Tuesday: In "X" Setting

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by the wonderful ladies over at
The Broke And The Bookish!

This Week's Topic:
Top Ten Books With "X" Setting

I found this topic difficult!  I read books with such diverse settings that it was hard to develop any unifying theme.  Setting really can make or break a story.  Setting can transport you anywhere, which may be why I like my books to be all over the place.  I definitely get a lot of wanderlust and books can either fuel or help manage that.

Here is that wanderlust issue I mentioned.  I love to travel, but haven't had many opportunities.  I love books that are set in foreign places, and Europe is a big one.  Whether it be France, the U.K or Prague, I would love to be transported there!

Books Mentioned:
Dark Triumph by Robin LaFevers (goodreads)
Daughter of Smoke & Bone by Laini Taylor (review/goodreads)
Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins (goodreads)
The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight by Jennifer E. Smith (review/goodreads)
Clockwork Princess by Cassandra Clare (review/goodreads)

I wouldn't say that high school is my favourite setting (I couldn't wait to get out of there!), but a lot of the books I read are dealing with this phase of life.  And let's be honest for a minute, it is a pretty turbulent time in anyone's life.  There are stories there, so why not read about them and be a little more grateful for how you're high school years went...

Books Mentioned:
Pushing the Limits by Katie McGarry (review/goodreads)
Perfect by Ellen Hopkins (goodreads)
The Golden Lily by Richelle Mead (review/goodreads)
Fire With Fire by Jenny Han & Siobhan Vivian (review/goodreads)
Private by Kate Brian (goodreads)

5 comments:

  1. Great setting choice! Loved Anna and the French Kiss - one of my favorites this year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I do just love the setting for ANNA. Frankly, like you, I'm a sucker for European settings, in general. Have you read Code Name Verity? I think you'd like that one, too! It's a bit more gritty and raw, but it's a wonderful, tangible setting :)

    I'm your newest follower via GFC!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My sister and I struggled with coming up with one setting between the two of us since we read so many different books. I like how you did two separate settings though. I have to agree that books in foreign settings are great! I would love to travel to Europe someday =)
    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhhh I loved Pushing the Limits. Good choice!

    New GFC follower

    My TTT.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good list, I love Perfect as well.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! I absolutely love reading them and responding!