14.8.13

"Waiting On" All Our Yesterdays

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking The Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases we are eagerly anticipating!


This week I am excited for...
"You have to kill him." Imprisoned in the heart of a secret military base, Em has nothing except the voice of the boy in the cell next door and the list of instructions she finds taped inside the drain.

Only Em can complete the final instruction. She’s tried everything to prevent the creation of a time machine that will tear the world apart. She holds the proof: a list she has never seen before, written in her own hand. Each failed attempt in the past has led her to the same terrible present—imprisoned and tortured by a sadistic man called the doctor while war rages outside. 

Marina has loved her best friend James since the day he moved next door when they were children. A gorgeous, introverted science prodigy from one of America’s most famous families, James finally seems to be seeing Marina in a new way, too. But on one disastrous night, James’s life crumbles apart, and with it, Marina’s hopes for their future. Now someone is trying to kill him. Marina will protect James, no matter what. Even if it means opening her eyes to a truth so terrible that she may not survive it. At least not as the girl she once was. 
 
All Our Yesterdays is a wrenching, brilliantly plotted story of fierce love, unthinkable sacrifice, and the infinite implications of our every choice. (From Goodreads)
I'm not sure how I feel yet.  Time travel books and I typically don't get along, but this sounds so good and I've heard such good things!  Maybe All Our Yesterdays will be the one to change this for me?  We'll find out after the September 3rd, 2013 release!  Also, fantastic cover!

6 comments:

  1. I read this one before the UK release and honestly, I loved it. Despite the fact that like you I don't get along with time-travel either this one got an A+ from me! Great pick :) Hope you get it soon!

    My WoW
    International Giveaway for Addicted to You by Alix Wenmouth (YA Contemp)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so excited for this one, too. It sounds amazing and is getting such great early buzz. And Sept. 3 is right around the corner. Great pick!
    Natflix&Books' WoW

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pick :) I'm looking forward to All Our Yesterdays too. My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes this one sounds good. Great concept, saw a cool interview w/ the author too. Nice pick!

    New follower

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm never quite sure about time travel either, but I just started this one & WHOA! It's amazing so far. I'm about 35 Pages in & loving it. Happy reading.Waiting on Weds @Libby Blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great choice! I'm currently reading this one and it's AMAZING.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! I absolutely love reading them and responding!