19.12.13

Single Shot: Fracture Me by Tahereh Mafi

Published December 17th, 2013
HarperCollins
68 pages (eBook)

As Omega Point prepares to launch an all-out assault on The Reestablishment soldiers stationed in Sector 45, Adam's focus couldn't be further from the upcoming battle. He's reeling from his breakup with Juliette, scared for his best friend's life, and as concerned as ever for his brother James's safety. And just as Adam begins to wonder if this life is really for him, the alarms sound. It's time for war.

On the battlefield, it seems like the odds are in their favor—but taking down Warner, Adam's newly discovered half brother, won't be that easy. The Reestablishment can't tolerate a rebellion, and they'll do anything to crush the resistance . . . including killing everyone Adam has ever cared about. (From Goodreads)


Well, shit.  That was literally my only reaction.  I mean it in the best way possible but geez, WHY DOES TAHEREH DO THIS TO US?!

I'm not typically a connoisseur of novellas, but I couldn't hold back on this one.  I am 100% #TeamAdam and could not turn down Adam's perspective.  It was just as heartbreaking as I expected, especially when coupled with the Ignite Me preview.  Adam has always had this crazy internal struggle going on, and see it in words pained me.  I want to hug him and tell him it will all be okay.  It's nice to see a little more of his relationship with his brother, as well.  James is this constant force in his life, and I never realized how much that competed with his need for Juliette.

I'm now begging for Ignite Me.  And I remain #TeamAdam entirely.  Wholeheartedly.  Tahereh Mafi has shattered my heart, but all the little pieces are still rooting for Juliette and Adam.  Best $2.99 I've spent in a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! I absolutely love reading them and responding!